ZmbyKizZ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All about Vent!!

Go down

All about Vent!! Empty All about Vent!!

Post  DarkSecret Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:18 pm

As most of you are aware, I do have Ventrilo and I am letting members in this alliance use it. I've even made it all organized and Special just for that purpose. SO if you are interested in Joining our vent let me or one of the Vice Hosts know. However before we'll dish out the sweets you need to do a few things for us.

1. you'll Need to be a member of our alliance (of course)
2. Have sent your Coords to Myself, Spike, or DieKaiser.
3. You'll Need to be Registered on the Forum
4. You'll need to post an Introduction in the Forum section titled "Say Hello"

All of those things done and we'd be happy to let you on. Just make sure you have a Ventrilo Client which IS FREE or you cant Sign on.

For those of you who don't know what Ventrilo is, the simple answer is that it is a place for group voice chatting. It's really nice and used a lot in the online gaming world, for many reasons. One being the ability to collaborate as a group against a foe. The only catch is the Servers cost money so you need someone with a server, I happen to be someone with a server so we all get lucky in the end ^_^.

Contact Spike or Dark for help after you have your vent client. We'll give you the info to set it up

Last edited by DarkSecret on Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
DarkSecret
DarkSecret
Admin

https://zmbykizz.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

All about Vent!! Empty Setting up your Vent Client

Post  DarkSecret Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:55 pm

Additional Notes about vent

This info is for AFTER you have your Vent client!

1. Make sure the User Name you use for chatting on Our vent is the same as your Game Handle.

To make your Vent User Name you need to:
a. click on the arrow button to the side of the User name Drop down box
B. Click the New Button
C. Type in a User Name (nothing else is needed)
d. Click Okay

2. You next need to input the server info

To Input server info you need to:
a. Click the arrow button to the side of the Server drop Down box
b. Click The New Button
c. Enter a Name for your server (this lets you know which server you are going on. Since you're using my server for Evony, I suggest either your alliance name or Evony)
d. Click on the "Hostname or IP" Box Enter the IP that Dark or Spike have given you.
e. Click on the Password Box and Enter the Password that Dark or Spike have given you.
f. Click okay (Don't worry about bindings, it's not needed.)

3. You next need to press the Connect button. A pop up from vent with news given by myself or spike will show up. Please READ IT before you click the close button.

4. Double Click on the Room titled "New To Vent" and wait for someone who's able to help you, to show up. Until then that's the only place you'll be able to Talk in with anyone.
DarkSecret
DarkSecret
Admin

Back to top Go down

All about Vent!! Empty Don't have a Mic? It's Okay!!

Post  DarkSecret Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:04 pm

If you don't have a mic you need to make it known by posting in your comments "I have no Mic"
You can do this by clicking the comment button right below your Connect/disconnect button.

We ask that those with no mics use the Vent Chat room's bot voice for an easier time on those of us with mic's.

The only glitch to this is if we have more than one person with out a mic using it at the same time it gets confusing. So if there is more than 1 person using the bot when you type in the chat for others to hear, please start your sentence with your user name... IE. "Dark Says, ... " so we can at least know who's saying what when not looking at the chat. However even then sometimes the voices get cut off from one to the other when it comes to a bot. So we honestly prefer that you get a mic as soon as you can.

Thanks.
DarkSecret
DarkSecret
Admin

Back to top Go down

All about Vent!! Empty Setting up your sound

Post  DarkSecret Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:19 pm

When you first sign into the Vent server you wont be able to talk until you set up your sound

To do so click the set up button on the right hand side.

Your screen should look like this (Assuming you're not using a mac)

All about Vent!! Ventse11

If it doesn't look like this image, please make the changes needed to look like this image.

a few of the things in this image though will be different.

1. Your Sound card may be different than mine in which case the output device and input device may be different than mine. But do not leave it at default. Make sure they are both the same and make sure that your mixer is the same as you are using for your output and input section. Also if you have more than one choice use the Input for the mixer.

2. The set up is listed for a Push to talk. If you wish to have it hands free. Uncheck the use to push to talk section on the left hand side and under sensitivity adjust it to 5.

When done with everything click okay. Barring any additional problems you should now be able to talk just fine.
DarkSecret
DarkSecret
Admin

Back to top Go down

All about Vent!! Empty Re: All about Vent!!

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down